Aave Grants DAO (AGD) is a community-led grants program that supports the growth of the Aave ecosystem by:
(1) Funding innovative projects backed by strong teams with creative ideas that benefit and strengthen the Aave ecosystem through products and initiatives which:
- Increase TVL or other protocol metrics
- Expand the capabilities of the platform and utility of Aave
- Empower the community with accessible and novel insights
- Engage new users and enhance retention of current users
- Grow GHO by stimulating demand, expanding its utility, and accelerating its transactional velocity
(2) Fostering a strong and inclusive culture around Aave. Aave’s culture leads to:
- Attracting and retaining the best contributors, and
- Encouraging the development of new and creative solutions to key areas in the Aave protocol and Aave DAO.
🔭 Program details
The grants program was created after a discussion on Aave’s governance forum in May 2021. AGD was most recently renewed in January 2023. There is currently a proposal live on the governance forum to renew AGD for a fifth time.