A recap of the Aave ecosystem, September 6th to September 12th 2021
Aave News: Aave Weekly, [REDACTED], Yield NFT, FRAX, and More Votes
Keep reading for the top stories from the past week in the Aave ecosystem Now including Aave Weekly so all your Aave newsletters are in one place Covering: Aave Weekly⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗, State of the protocol 📰, Ecosystem 🧉, Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆, and Water
Keep reading for the top stories from the past week in the Aave ecosystem
Now including Aave Weekly so all your Aave newsletters are in one place
Covering: Aave Weekly⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗, State of the protocol 📰, Ecosystem 🧉, Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆, and Water cooler 🆒
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Protocol closes week 37 of 2021 with $24.5 billion of liquidity:
- 42.5% Utilisation, generating $11.4m of estimated interest for depositors
- $186.4m of Flash Loan volume, generating $139k of fees for depositors
- $146.9k liquidated, generating $8.3m of fees to liquidators
- $1.2m for the ecosystem collectors now holding $19.9m
- $21.2m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $5.2m $StkAAVE & $2.3m $WMATIC distributed
- at the weekly close price
Aave Grants DAO update 🏗
Tomorrow. Our next community call is September 14th at 4pm UTC. We have put together an all-star agenda for your listening pleasure.
State of the protocol 📰
In the works. Another detail emerged around [REDACTED] protocol. While little is known about the latest product that the Aave team is working on, we now know @keirsim will play a key role in building it out. To get any sleuths started who want to find out more about [REDACTED], the new hire’s Twitter bio lists "Squiggling @SquiggleDAO" and as always Twitter is filled with alpha 👀
Partnering with Aave. Remember, Aave is decentralized and can be integrated or used by any person or organization. If you want to see something happen, join the governance forum and start a conversation.
If you want to answer questions about the protocol, improve your SQL skills, and earn AAVE, check out new elite level bounties from Flipside Crypto. h/t to @0xTableau for creating an awesome dashboard.
Five votes. Active governance users were busy clicking buttons this week to sign messages and send transactions for five different votes on Snapshot and the Aave governance portal.
- Launch Aave on Harmony - Harmony is proposing to deploy Aave v2 to their EVM compatible blockchain.
- AMPL interest rate curve adjustment - After much discussion on the appropriate interest rate curve for the AMPL market, this vote let the community choose between two different options.
- AIP 29: Add FRAX to Aave V2 - FRAX, the algorithmic stablecoin is coming to Aave V2 after an on-chain vote successfully passed this week. Like RAI and other newly listed assets before, it has no collateral factor which limits the risk to the protocol.
- AIP 36: LTV and Liquidation Threshold Updates to Moderate Levels - This updates the risk parameters of the protocol to be 'Moderate' after the community indicated their preference in a Snapshot vote.
- AIP 37: Update to the Liquidity Mining Distribution - This is to update a misconfiguration in the latest liquidity mining distribution so that rewards are properly and retroactively distributed.
Index Coop also showcased the value of governance with a Snapshot vote to use IndexCoop's AAVE holdings to list FEI on Aave V2. Expect to see an AIP go live soon 👀
Mark your calendar 📆
Aave Grants Community Call 4 - September 14th at 4pm UTC
#ETHOnline by ETH Global - September 17th to October 15th
Stani will be speaking at:
- Mainnet 2021 - September 20th to 22nd → More details came out on this panel 🔥
- Wyoming Blockchain Stampede - September 21st to 26th
- Token2049 London - October 7th to 8th
- ETH Lisbon - October 22nd to 24th
What events are you planning to attend before the end of the year?
Water cooler 🆒
NFT experiment. Stani showcased his passion for NFTs and experiments this week when he released a yield generating NFT with Sven Eberwein, called Yield. In his own words, it is an "undercollateralized loan / art option experiment" combining DeFi and NFTs. The NFT can be returned by 31st October 2021, and the owner will receive the amount of the winning bid plus a 10% premium. This explores the value of Stani's trust and how culturally significant something like this is.
Learn more and join the AGD community:
- Browse RFPs: https://aavegrants.org/Request-for-Proposals-160203ba5d1746daae31588924a6680a
- Chat with the community on Telegram: https://t.me/aavegrantsda
- Join the governance forum: https://governance.aave.com
- Learn more about AGD: https://aavegrants.org
- Subscribe to Aave News:
a recap of the latest from the Aave ecosystem, brought to you by the Aave Grants DAO