Table of Contents
- Top Priorities
- Governance UI
- Stablecoin Growth
- Aave Weekly Analytics Report
- Committees / DAOs
- Other / New Ideas
We want to build an Aave owned front-end for governance and voting. This would be a fully owned Aave solution: open source, Aave community owned on the Aave repo. It should be possible to draft, discuss, propose, and vote on Aave Improve Proposals (AIPs) through a seamless and intuitive website. A great web app would include features similar to Tally or Sybil, allow easy delegation of proposition and voting power, allow transactions to be queued and submitted by non-technical users, and walk proposal authors through the end-to-end process in an intuitive way.
Build projects and integrations that bring more stablecoin deposits into Aave. New yield aggregation tools, ways to deposit into multiple markets in one transaction, and innovative liquidity mining projects on top of Aave are encouraged to apply. Also wallet integrations, fintech/ecommerce integrations, or TradFi connectors are encouraged if they meaningfully increase stablecoin deposits.
Aave Weekly Analytics Report
Week on Week reporting of liquidity and usage of the Aave Protocol to replace prior update. Can start as a twitter post and become its own website + interactive dapp over time. Can be produced using the Aave V2 Liquidity API.
Committees / DAOs
- DAICO features to facilitate grant payments. E.g. Sablier-style streams with vesting schedules/cliffs/waterfalls that minimize gas costs
- A simple website like SIPs to see all Aave AIPs in one place
- Implementation of periodic updates of rewards, queuing/execution of governance-related transactions
We'd like to fund innovative lending projects building on top of Aave and accessing the massive pools of liquidity available in the protocol today. Some ideas include:
- Innovative fixed-rate lending protocols or projects
- Undercollateralized lending projects using DeFi credit scores, credit delegation, protocol-to-protocol lending, or other techniques.
- Lending projects that use core Aave primitives like aTokens, credit delegation, or flash loans.
- Aave integrations with leading wallets or fintech application
- Lending protocols on other L1s or cross-chain bridges that integrate Aave into their core functionality
- Credit delegation dashboard: marketplace for uncollateralized lending, built on top of Aave credit delegation. Delegators accept requests and monitor delegatees, while delegatees see their debts and repay over time.
- Gas optimization techniques for new/smaller depositors
- Flash Loan tool to transfer all your Aave positions to another wallet
- Solutions bringing TradFi asset managements into Aave or Aave Pro
- User metrics dashboard that is real-time and shows things like total origination, loan revenue, outstanding debt etc. (from Stani)
- Aave transaction explorer
- Custom Dune and Nansen dashboards
- Dashboard for following the Aave DAO treasury funds especially since the Reserve Factor is collecting decent amount of funds across multiple markets and Polygon too
- Data visualization on AAVE or stkAAVE movement
- Tool to see how APY earned/paid on a loan over specified date range
Other / New Ideas
- Custom Aave pool with NFTs as collateral support with ability to fractionalize
- Self re-paying loans with yield earned
- Tokenized high leverage forex: Use eMode to allow up to 50x long/shorts on EUR and USD. Build up positions using flashloans, tokenize the position to make it liquid.
- Tokenized derivatives staking: As above, but using staking derivatives (similar to what @Instadapp and @DeFiSaver are doing). Tokenize it to make the position liquid, trade it or use it as collateral while earning leveraged yield.
- Permissionless asset listing: Aave V3 can support any oracle of choice, including uniswap V3 TWAP. Aave V3 has many features that allow permissionless listing, including Siloed borrowing, isolation mode, and supply caps.
- Automated risk managers: A network of managers to continuously monitor the aave markets status and decide to enact strategies to reduce/limit risk. For example, a hack or oracle failure may automatically trigger an action to disable a certain asset as collateral.
- Solutions bringing real world assets (RWAs) into an Aave market
- Aave integrations for:
- Ecommerce sites like Shopify / Webflow
- VR/AR platforms
- Gaming platforms
- Aave mobile apps, especially simple monitoring of positions with notifications
- Cross chain borrowing: this one is tricky, but doable; A contract on network A holds the collateral. A contract on network B keeps accounting of the collateral on network A and allows the user to take debt on network B through portals.
- Dashboard to plot BTC funding rates alongside v2 borrow and lending rates over time
- Could plot rates vol
- Could look into correlation of USDC borrow rates and BTC funding rates