A recap of the Aave ecosystem, October 11th to October 17th 2021
Aave News: Community Call 5, Building Season, and DeFi 3.0 💪
News from across the Aaveverse, including Aave Weekly ⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆 , and 🚨Calling all $AAVE and $stkAAVE holders to vote in AIP 41 which adds a voting delay period to on-chain votes.
News from across the Aaveverse, including Aave Weekly ⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
🚨 🚨 Calling all $AAVE and $stkAAVE holders to vote in AIP 41 which adds a voting delay period to on-chain votes. This is the first long time lock change that requires 3.2m votes which would be the largest quorum ever, the current record is 1m. Vote and be part of history 👻 🙌
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 42 of 2021 with $28.2 billion of liquidity:
- 40.1% Utilisation, generating $13.9m of estimated interest for depositors
- $62.9m of Flash Loan volume, generating $56k of fees for depositors
- $3.2m liquidated, generating $166k of fees to liquidators
- $1.6m for the ecosystem collectors now holding $26.5m
- $15.7m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $4.4m $StkAAVE, $2.3m $WMATIC & $5m $WAVAX distributed
- at the weekly close price
Aave Grants DAO update 🏗
Community Call 5. The fifth Aave Grants Community Call took place last Monday, October 11th. Thank you to all attendees and the awesome speakers who came out to share with the community. Here is an overview of what each speaker had to say. (Note: any omissions or errors are from the author).
Updates on Aave Grants DAO | @HelloShreyas
- So far over $1 million and 38 projects have been funded
- Hosted the Aave Grants DAO Summit with ETHGlobal that included a showcase from six grant recipients, a panel on DeFi Grants, and an in depth look at how to successfully receive a grant from Aave - re-watch on YouTube!
Updates from Stani | @StaniKulechov
- Been watching the decentralization of Aave Grants and the growth of the Risk DAO and Developers DAO - all examples of community members contributing to the protocol
- Excited to see what will be built now that the front end is open sourced such as new interfaces and designs (hello Web2 devs and designers 👋) or even a desktop version similar to Mist
- Watching other teams fork the protocol is a compliment to how trusted Aave is and what the community has built
Technical Updates | @The3D_
Updates and upgrades since the last governance call include:
- Aave deployed on Avalanche and is currently the largest protocol by TVL
- The creation of Aave Guardians to use at the beginning of a new deployment to ensure everything is properly configured
- Cross chain bridges have been prepared for Polygon and Arbitrum - direct messaging is not supported on Avalanche yet so it will be controlled by the Guardians until then
- The required fix was made to the liquidity mining contract and liquidity mining is now active for all proposed assets
- Parameters in the Ampleforth market were adjusted to account for their interest rate models
- $FEI was listed on Aave V2 and leverages the liquidity mining functionality in the protocol to award $TRIBE 🌲
Governance updates | @statelayer
Other governance updates:
- Introducing a voting delay period for on-chain votes to add a period between proposal submission and voting - more in Governance ⚖️
- A Snapshot vote showed support for having Fireblocks whitelisted on Aave Arc
- About Backd. Unlike other DeFi yield aggregators, Backd lets users make their liquidity reactive by adding customizable on-chain actions to their provided liquidity. Aave specific on-chain action that will be supported at launch includes collateral top ups, where all deposited funds are earning yield.
- Backd is launching on mainnet soon - try it now on Kovan
Ecosystem Reserve Token Streaming Integration | @smsunarto
- About ERTS. Integration with Sablier to easily allow streaming of tokens to contributors.
- About Symphony Finance. Symphony Finance’s yield generating limit orders launched on Polygon in September and have since executed orders worth more than $3M (now over $4.5 million).
- Make a yield generating limit order now on Polygon
Aave Grants DAO RFPs: unanswered high priority RFPs | @ImranKhan
The AGD team maintains an active RFP page of ideas to be built. If there is something else you want built or if you want to discuss your idea, join the Aave Grants Telegram. High priority RFPs include:
- Governance UI. An Aave owned front-end for governance and voting
- Developers DAO. Looking for developers with a strong understanding of Aave who are interested in brainstorming, proposing and building the long term future of Aave
- Stablecoin growth. Grants to bring more stablecoin liquidity to Aave e.g. yield aggregation tools, new ways to easily deposit into markets, or innovative liquidity mining projects
- Aave Weekly Analytics Report. Showcase growth and what has happened in the Aave ecosystem over time
- About Paladin. Focused on reducing friction in DAO governance and enabling more participation. The first tool they built is a vote lending platform which enables "liquid governance". This allows people who do not want to vote or stake with their governance tokens to earn yield, and people without the tokens to meet quorums or other governance thresholds.
- Paladin is live on mainnet now and supporting $AAVE and $stkAAVE
State of the protocol 📰
Shipping Szn. Aave users have lots to look forward to as the Aave core team has made it clear that we are entering shipping season. Lots of the details are unknown but it is safe to say whatever it is will be audited by the best, and built to support the current ecosystem.
- Cono.finance now supports Aave positions on Ethereum mainnet. Users can now enjoy the same great protection previously only available on Polygon.
- Earn up to .67 $AAVE by answering either of the two easy Aave questions from Flipside Crypto
- ETH Lisbon covered Aave Grants DAO in their latest article, Not your AAVE-rage ghost story
- Omni Analytics shared an update: their dashboards are more interactive, and anyone can access their app to easily see and explore user and volume growth
- Aavegoitchi joined DeFi Alliance's genesis Gaming Accelerator cohort
- Sacred Finance launched their testnet on Kovan
- The finalists were announced for #ETHOnline2021 - congrats to the Aave prize winners including @loansomeshark
- AIP 41: Institute a Voting Delay Period | Governance Discussion | This proposes increasing the time between AIP submission to voting from zero to two days🗳 Voting is open for the next week and requires a massive 20% ofoutstanding $AAVE
- AIP 40: Risk Parameter Updates 2021-10-07 | Governance discussion | A proposal to adjust 13 total risk parameters across 11 Aave V2 assets including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus
- Should 9 total risk parameters across 8 Aave V2 assets be adjusted? | Governance discussion | As part of Gauntlet's ongoing risk monitoring they are proposing changing 9 parameters including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus
- Add G-UNI (ERC20 UniswapV3 Positions) as collateral to Aave’s AMM market | Governance discussion | G-UNI is an ERC20 wrapper on any Uniswap V3 position with a specified price range made by @Getatonetwork. Currently, the AMM market has outdated assets and minimal TVL so adding G-UNI pairs (DAI/USDC, USDC/USDT, and DAI/USDT) would revitalize the AMM market with more relevant assets.
Other governance posts to watch:
- Llama shared their second set of financial statements for the Aave DAO
- Read the October Market Risk Monthly from Gauntlet
Mark your calendar 📆
ETH Lisbon - October 22 to 24 → featuring:
- Leveling Up DeFi w/ Aave, Avalanche, ParaSwap, StakeDAO - October 22
- rAAVE Lisbon - October 24
Other events featuring Aavengers:
- @chainyoda on a panel at Cosmoverse - November 5th and 6th
- Stani speaking at Permissionless - May 17 to 19, 2022
Water cooler 🆒
DeFi 3.0. Is this what DeFi 3.0 is going to enable?
Join the Aavengers:
- Browse RFPs: https://aavegrants.org/Request-for-Proposals-160203ba5d1746daae31588924a6680a
- Chat with the community on Telegram: https://t.me/aavegrantsdao
- Join the governance forum: https://governance.aave.com
- Learn more about AGD: https://www.notion.so/Aave-Grants-DAO-78c88565fd15450fb13f79a5903c0d5d
- Subscribe to Aave News:
Aave News | Aave Grants DAO | Substack
a recap of the latest from the Aave ecosystem, brought to you by the Aave Grants DAO