A recap of the Aave ecosystem, October 4th to October 10th 2021
Aave News: Avalanche Growth, Voting Delay Period, and Fantom Fork
Too much rAAVE this past week? Let Aave News catch you up with what happened in the ecosystem, including Aave Weekly ⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
Too much rAAVE this past week? Let Aave News catch you up with what happened in the ecosystem, including Aave Weekly ⚡️, Aave Grants DAO update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Mark your calendar 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics. Avalanche metrics are in beta.
The Aave Protocol closes week 41 of 2021 with $26 billion of liquidity:
- 42.6% Utilisation, generating $10.7m of estimated interest for depositors
- $41.4m of Flash Loan volume, generating $36k of fees for depositors
- $1.8m liquidated, generating $93k of fees to liquidators
- $1.2m for the ecosystem collectors now holding $25m
- $12.1m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $4.5m $StkAAVE, $2.1m $WMATIC & $WAVAX distributed
- at the weekly close price
Aave Grants DAO update 🏗
Community Call 5. The fifth Aave Grants Community Call is happening October 11th at 4pm UTC on Twitter Spaces - that is SOON if you're subscribed to Aave News and reading this once it hits your inbox! Listen in for updates from Aave, Aave Grants, and the community including a look into what four grant recipients have been building 👀
Did you know? So far Aave Grants has awarded 37 grants to builders improving the ecosystem. Explore active RFPs, apply for a grant, or leave an idea for something that you want to see built in the ecosystem.
State of the protocol 📰
- As has been the usual for the past few updates, there is a new Aave fam hire to announce. This week @davidsilverman joined the team as a PM. Welcome David 👻
- The first week after Aave's deployment on the Avalanche network saw a rush of activity, with Avalanche growing to over $3.3B at the time of writing. This included 6100 unique addresses and almost $2B in TVL after the first 24 hours. Check out the expanded AVAX rewards Avalanche announced and track the growth on DeFi Llama.
- The team hosted an impromptu rAAVE in London. According to attendees (1, 2, 3), it was a banger. Catch you at the next one anon.
- Stani joined a panel with @kaiynne and @tarunchitra where they discussed DeFi, including who their favourite anons are
- Sacred Finance launched their test net where users can begin to experiment with their privacy protocol
- Ampleforth released the Splendid Geyser Pilot where users can deposit their $aAMPL to earn additional rewards (overview here)
- Dive into flash loans, staking rewards, or user collateralization-ratios, and earn up to 1.35 AAVE thanks to three new questions from Flipside Crypto
- No new AIPs this week
- Aave Risk DAO | Governance discussion | This signals support for funding the Risk DAO as outlined in the proposal✅ Yes 121.75k AAVE (99.71%), 🟦 Abstain 348.27 AAVE (0.29%), ❌ No 0.45 AAVE (0%)
- What should be the voting delay period? | Governance discussion | This signals support for increasing the time between when an AIP is submitted and when voting begins, from zero to two days2️⃣ 2 DAYS 13.2k AAVE (99.54%), 4️⃣ 4 DAYS 60.93 AAVE (0.46%), 0️⃣ REMAIN 0 DAYS 0.01 AAVE (0%)
- Should 13 total risk parameters across 11 Aave V2 assets be adjusted? | Governance discussion | As part of Gauntlet's ongoing risk monitoring they are proposing changing 13 parameters including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus🗳 Ongoing - vote now
- @ManuRedPills wrote a proposal, When profits sharing?, that makes the case for growing the Aave treasury and starting to share protocol revenue with AAVE holders
- A proposal to add stETH to Aave V2
Mark your calendar 📆
Aave Grants DAO Community Call Five - October 11
Stani will be speaking at:
- Permissionless - May 17 to 19, 2022
Water cooler 🆒
Fantom Fork. Building in the open in DeFi means anyone can fork your code and launch a new version of your protocol. This is exactly what happened after Aave released their UI to the community as it was worked and deployed on Fantom. As is usually the case, digging past the original Tweet unveils some quality alpha.
Get involved with Aave Grants:
- Browse RFPs: https://aavegrants.org/Request-for-Proposals-160203ba5d1746daae31588924a6680a
- Chat with the community on Telegram: https://t.me/aavegrantsdao
- Join the governance forum: https://governance.aave.com
- Learn more about AGD: https://www.notion.so/Aave-Grants-DAO-78c88565fd15450fb13f79a5903c0d5d
- Subscribe to Aave News: