A recap of the Aave ecosystem, May 16th to May 22nd
Aave News: AaveGrants.lens, Permissionless Recap, Analyst Role, Risk Review, and More 🌿👻
For anyone following us on Lens 🌿 In case you haven't seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at For more details on how Gauntlet manages market risk for Aave, please see Risk Parameter Updates: Gauntlet's Parameter Recommendation Methodology and Gauntlet's Model Methodology .
For anyone following us on Lens 🌿Risk 🔎 | Protocol 📰 | Ecosystem 🧉 | Governance ⚖️ | Events 📆 | Hey Anon 👻
Join the Aave fam
Risk Parameter Updates:
AIP-75 has been passed and executed.
Due to market conditions around UST and related oracle unreliability, Gauntlet proposed freezing UST.
Due to uncertainty around the stETH peg, Gauntlet also proposed increasing stETH liquidation threshold to 81% and decreasing stETH LTV to 69%.
This allows borrowers using stETH as collateral with more buffer in case stETH continues to depeg, and thus decreases the chances of liquidation cascades that lead to insolvency on the Aave platform. stETH LTV has also been decreased, so new positions will not be able to take on riskier positions using stETH as collateral. Our analysis indicated that an 81% liquidation threshold for stETH should allow for the protocol to withstand an additional 10% depeg from stETH and ETH price. Gauntlet's simulations of the Aave protocol indicated that a decrease in LTV to between 66-69% and an increase in liquidation threshold to 81-82% could significantly decrease liquidation volume as well as total insolvencies while minimally decreasing capital efficiency.
Market Downturn Risk Review:
We wanted to provide the community with an update given the notable market downturn over the past few weeks. We have been analyzing the markets closely and have observed no meaningful insolvencies that occurred on Aave V2 during the market crash.
From May 8th to May 15th, Aave v2 experienced around $109M in liquidations primarily driven by ETH and WBTC. These are liquidations that were healthily absorbed by the market (i.e., did not lead to insolvency).
Aave v2 experienced no major insolvencies other than several minor dust accounts, with the largest account being just ~$400 in insolvency.
- why the Aave x Balancer USD Boosted Pool is the best place for stablecoins
- Certora announced their grants program
- everyone who came and said hi at PermissionlessStaniRebeccaChristinaSteveSteven
- track your YOLO order balances from Symphony Finance on Zapper
- Vote for Minke on Product Hunt
- Solace roadmap for 2022
- Add claimRewardsToSelf() to incentives for Ethereum V2 Aave MarketGovernance discussionVerified by BGD
- Consolidate Reserve Factors and Enable Borrowing DPIGovernance discussion
- Freezing UST and Updating stETH ParametersGovernance discussion
Other discussions from the forum:
- BGD. Working Day 0
- [ARC] - Whitelist deBridge for Portals V3
- Proposal: Add support for rETH Token
- ARC: Add new KNC to Aave
- Market Downturn Risk Review (May 2022)
- BGD. Aave Governance proposals reports
- BGD. Rescue of tokens locked on Aave. Overview and Phase 1
- ARC: Add 1INCH as collateral
- Proposal to add MaticX to Aave v3 Polygon Market
Hey Anon 👻
Are you interested in working at Aave Grants as an analyst?