A recap of the Aave ecosystem, May 9th to May 15th
Aave News: Say Hi and Get Swag at Permissionless, Grants Renewed, Minke AMA, Vote to Freeze UST, & More 🚀👻
For anyone who appreciates Aave's risk management If you're at Permissionless this week, stop by the Aave Grants DAO booth to meet some of the Aave fam, pick up some swag, and jam about Aave V3, Aave Arc, or Aave Grants! We would love to meet you.
appreciates Aave’s risk management Spotlight 🔦 | Risk 🔎 | Protocol 📰 | Ecosystem 🧉 | Governance ⚖️ | Events 📆 | Hey Anon 👻
Spotlight: Permissionless 🔦
Risk Parameter Updates:
Due to market conditions around UST and related oracle unreliability, Gauntlet proposes freezing UST.
Due to current uncertainty around the stETH peg, Gauntlet also proposes increasing stETH liquidation threshold to 81% and decreasing stETH LTV to 69%. Currently, stETH liquidation threshold is 75% and stETH LTV is 73%.
This will allow borrowers using stETH as collateral with more buffer in case stETH continues to depeg, and thus decrease the chances of liquidation cascades that lead to insolvency on the Aave platform. stETH LTV will also be decreased, so new positions will not be able to take on riskier positions using stETH as collateral. Our analysis indicates that an 81% liquidation threshold for stETH should allow for the protocol to withstand an additional 10% depeg from stETH and ETH price. Gauntlet's simulations of the Aave protocol indicated that a decrease in LTV to between 66-69% and an increase in liquidation threshold to 81-82% could significantly decrease liquidation volume as well as total insolvencies while minimally decreasing capital efficiency.
- On-chain votes
- @ConnextNetwork will be integrating Aave Portals as part of their Amarok upgrade
- March Treasury Report
- Developers Guide to the Aave Protocol’ by big 🧠 dev @DeFiSpartan
- Aave V2 saw minimal insolvencies and liquidations are being healthily absorbed by the market
- replay of our AMA with @vancityreyes from grant receivooor Minke
- @IncrementHQ is hiring for frontend devs
- Freezing UST and Updating stETH ParametersGovernance discussion🔎Governance Discussion
- Aave Arc Market - Update Asset Listing Risk ParametersGovernance discussion
- Renew Aave Grants DAOGovernance discussion
- Risk Parameter Updates 2022-05-05Governance discussion
- ARC: Whitelist Connext for V3 PortalsGovernance discussion
- ARC: Enable sUSD as Collateral on AAVE V3 on Optimism with a 10 million sUSD Supply capGovernance discussion
- Should nine (9) total risk parameters across five (5) Aave V2 assets be updated?
Other discussions from the forum:
- BGD. Aave Governance proposals reports
- BGD. Rescue of tokens locked on Aave. Overview and Phase 1
- ARC: Add 1INCH as collateral
- Continuous Formal Verification - Grant Plan
- ARC: Add support for StakeWise’s permissioned staked ETH token (psETH) to Aave Arc
Hey Anon 👻
It’s very awesome anon.