A recap of the Aave ecosystem, January 10th to 16th 2022
Aave News: zkSync on Argent, V3 Coming to Optimism, Arbitrum, Boba, & Fantom, Stakeall Finance Spotlight, and Much More
For everyone who is subscribed but doesn't follow Aave Grants on Twitter, featuring: Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , Aave Grants DAO 🏗, State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 Now including a new section, Grantee Spotlight 🔦 where we take a deep dive at projects in the Aave ecosystem starting with Stakeall Finance!
For everyone who is subscribed but doesn’t follow Aave Grants on Twitter, featuring: Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , Aave Grants DAO 🏗, State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Now including a new section, Grantee Spotlight 🔦 where we take a deep dive at projects in the Aave ecosystem starting with Stakeall Finance!
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 3 of 2022 with $24.4 billion of liquidity:
- 46.8% Utilisation, generating $10.6m of estimated interest for depositors
- $38m of Flash Loan volume, generating $34k of fees for depositors
- $13m liquidated, generating $754K of fees to liquidators
- $931k for the ecosystem collectors now holding $41.4m
- $20.5m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $2.6m $StkAAVE, $3.9m $WMATIC & $1.7m $WAVAX distributed
- at the weekly close price
In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at gov.gauntlet.network/aave. The Gauntlet team is particularly keen on iterating on this dashboard for the community and would love feedback via this Google Form.
Risk Parameter Updates:
Details can be found in this ARC
This week's set of parameter updates includes adjusting twelve (12) total risk parameters across eight (8) Aave V2 assets including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus. Gauntlet’s platform recommends enabling FEI as a collateral asset on Aave V2, as well as the following set of parameter changes that will decrease liquidation bonuses on several less-utilized assets. Gauntlet will initiate an on-chain governance proposal on Tuesday, January 18th to enable FEI as a collateral asset. Following this proposal, we will make a separate proposal for our regular set of parameter recommendations.
Aave Grants DAO 🏗
- Calling all AGD Community Call, raave, and Newt POAP holders to vote for the best designed POAP to recognize 2021 Aave News subscribers - check out the submissions here
Grantee Spotlight: Stakeall Finance 🔦
- Stakeall Finance is a fully decentralised non custodial DeFi platform focused on building DeFi strategies. Think of DeFi strategies as a series of DeFi actions wrapped in a single transaction. These innovative DeFi strategies open a new gateway for users to participate in DeFi with better returns and minimal opportunity cost.
- Stakeall first built out a Leverage Staking Strategy on top of Aave at HackMoney 2021 where they secured a finalist position🏆 The strategy allows users to borrow from Aave for staking in protocols like the Graph and Matic.
- The team was attracted to build on Aave because it is the leading protocol for lending and borrowing crypto assets. Stakeall was highly impressed with the community’s focus on building and constantly innovating the protocol.
- Check out the staking strategies live on mainnet at app.stakeall.finance
- Readers can follow them on Twitter and join their Discord to get more involved and even participate in building innovative DeFi strategies. Stakeall is working on integrating more DeFi and staking protocols, and is actively researching on building cross chain DeFi strategies.
State of the protocol 📰
- Argent added Aave to their zkSync wallet so users can currently earn on USDC or DAI for 100x less than L1
- Snapshot votes for the community to signal support for launching Aave V3 on Optimism, Arbitrum, Boba, and Fantom are currently live - learn more about what the future will look by diving into some of Portals features and mechanisms in ’Powering the Multi-blockchain Metaverse’
- Llama is discussing a strategy to deploy some of Aave’s Reserve Factor with the goal of retaining TVL, earning yield, and accruing metagovernance power in protocols like Convex - join the conversation!
- Share your thoughts around whether Aave V3 should reestablish the referral program from V1 to reward integrators
- The RWA Market is gaining traction, now at over $10M TVL and interest is starting to flow to the treasury
- DeFi Alliance announced Alliance DAO, the world’s first digital startup Nation 📢
- YOLO V2 by Symphony Finance is launching this week 👀
- Tally is hiring across multiple positions from Publisher/Communications Lead to Web3 Frontend engineer 💪
- No on-chain votes this week
- Should twelve (12) total risk parameters across eight (8) Aave V2 assets be updated? | Read more in Risk 🔎 | 🗳 Voting is open until January 18th
- Launch Aave V3 on Optimism | 🗳 Voting is open until January 18th
- Deploy Aave V3 on Arbitrum One | 🗳 Voting is open until January 18th
- Launch Aave on Boba Network | 🗳 Voting is open until January 23rd
- Deploy Aave V3 on Fantom | 🗳 Voting is open until January 24th
- ARC. Aave Governance V3
- [Portals] Powering the Multi-blockchain multiverse
- ARC - Consolidate Aave V1, V2 & AMM Reserve Factors, Purchase CVX and Deploy to Earn Yield
- Proposal: V3 license for Moola Market
- ARC: Deploying Aave on StarkNet
- ARC: Add UST as a borrowable asset
- Proposal to extend Aave to Fuse Network
Upcoming Events 📆
- First Newt Community Call Jan 24 at 9am PST
- Aave Grants Community Call - February 7th
- ETHDenver - February 11 - 20, 2022
Water cooler 🆒
Thanks to Twitter user @kiragrateful for the cover art!