A recap of the Aave ecosystem, January 3rd to 9th 2022
Aave News: Arc, UST Snapshot, Rainbow, and More
For everyone out there building, featuring coverage on Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , Aave Grants DAO 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️ , Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
For everyone out there building, featuring coverage on Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , Aave Grants DAO 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️ , Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Share Aave News with someone you know!
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 2 of 2022 with $23.9 billion of liquidity:
- 47.0% Utilisation, generating $10.0m of estimated interest for depositors
- $96m of Flash Loan volume, generating $86k of fees for depositors
- $124m liquidated, generating $8.3m of fees to liquidators
- $898k for the ecosystem collectors now holding $40.0m
- $26.7m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $2.3m $StkAAVE, $3.5m $WMATIC & $1.7m $WAVAX distributedat the weekly close price
In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at gov.gauntlet.network/aave. The Gauntlet team is particularly keen on iterating on this dashboard for the community and would love feedback via this Google Form.
Risk Parameter Updates:
Details can be found in this AIP
This week's set of parameter updates included adjusting nine (9) total risk parameters across seven (7) Aave V2 assets including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus, but did not reach quorum on the AIP vote. Gauntlet will return to the governance forums this week with another set of parameter recommendations to optimize capital efficiency and manage risk.
Aave Grants DAO 🏗
- Aave Grants welcomed three new reviewers - @0x_kakashi, @OmniAnalytics, & @francisgowen
- Take a deep dive into Aave Grants thanks to a great summary by @abhilashi
- Design a POAP to recognize 2021 Aave News subscribers and win up to $300 in AAVE - check out the submission on POAPathon
State of the protocol 📰
- Aave Arc was in the spotlight, see: Blockworks, Coindesk, Crypto Briefing, and The Block. The recently launched permissioned market was also featured in a research note from JP Morgan 👀
- The first Real World Asset backed loan was made on the Aave market powered by Centrifuge
- Llama shared a proposal to start utilizing the reserve factors collected to earn yield by leveraging Curve, Convex, and Balancer - join the governance forum and share your thoughts
- Sacred announced an initial strategic fundraising round led by @shimacapital, @SkyVisionCap, and @TheSpartanGroup
- Stakeall shared a look back at 2022 including their leveraged staking DeFi strategy
- Cono.Finance by Gelato is being deprecated and unfortunately the website will be shut down as of 21st of January
- The lead data scientist behind Twitter Spaces is joining Aave - @juliengaillard is joining as Head of Data Science - they’re hiring for more roles if you want this to be your name next 👻
- Risk Parameter Updates 2021-12-29 | Snapshot vote | A proposal to adjust 9 risk parameters across 7 Aave V2 assets failed to meet quorum - read more in Risk 🔎
- Should Aave onboard Wrapped UST as a borrow-only asset? | Governance forum | 🗳 Voting is open until January 13th
- Listing Proposal: Add UMA as collateral on Aave
- ARC: Deploying Aave on StarkNet
- ARC: Aave Deployment to L2 Optimism
- ARC - Consolidate Aave V1, V2 & AMM Reserve Factors, Purchase CVX and Deploy to Earn Yield
Upcoming Events 📆
- ETHDenver - February 11 - 20, 2022
Water cooler 🆒
Is that a Rainbow integration on the horizon? 🌈 👻
Thanks for reading Aave News! Subscribe for free to receive new posts weekly.