A recap of the Aave ecosystem, February 21st - 27th 2022
Aave News: New Grantees, DappLooker Spotlight, stETH Live, Starknet, Time NFTs, and More 👻👻👻
For anyone who has bought or sold an Aika time NFT, featuring: Spotlight 🔦, Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 DappLooker is a multi-chain community driven analytics and visualization platform for blockchain networks and dapps.
For anyone who has bought or sold an Aika time NFT, featuring: Spotlight 🔦, Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Spotlight: DappLooker 🔦
- DappLooker is a multi-chain community driven analytics and visualization platform for blockchain networks and dapps. Users can run SQL queries on blockchain data, to create Dashboard using an easy to use simple editor. Charts and dashboards can be forked, edited and shared with community
- DappLooker aims to empower everyone to easily understand blockchain data, do analytics and easily build beautiful charts and dashboards. You can build and share key metrics for Defi, NFT, gaming and multi-chain protocols - see all their features
- DappLooker has been an active contributor in the Aave ecosystem through hackathons and building analytics dashboards for the Aave dapp
- User Retention Analysis is important for Defi dapps who generate millions of transactions on a daily basis to help with making business decisions. DappLooker aims to help market leaders like Aave generate more effective customer engagement and optimize the conversion funnel
- Check out the Aave Polygon User Retention Dashboard
- More links: Website | Twitter | Discord | Browse community built charts & dashboards | Documentation
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 9 of 2022 with $18.2 billion of liquidity:
- 33.2% Utilisation, generating $3.6m of estimated interest for depositors
- $101m of Flash Loan volume, generating $91k of fees for depositors
- $23m liquidated, generating $1.8m of fees to liquidators
- $444k for the ecosystem collectors now holding $44m
- $5.9m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $1.1m $StkAAVE & $2.2m $WAVAX distributed *at the weekly close price
In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at gov.gauntlet.network/aave. The Gauntlet team is particularly keen on iterating on this dashboard for the community and would love feedback via this Google Form.
Risk Parameter Updates:
Details can be found in this ARC
Gauntlet proposes adjusting three (3) total risk parameters including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus across two (2) Aave V2 assets.
This set of parameter updates seeks to maintain the overall risk tolerance of the protocol while making risk trade-offs between specific assets. Gauntlet’s parameter recommendations are driven by an optimization function that balances 3 core metrics: insolvencies, liquidations, and borrow usage. Parameter recommendations seek to optimize for this objective function. Our agent-based simulations use a wide array of varied input data that changes on a daily basis, including but not limited to, asset volatility, asset correlation, asset collateral usage, DEX / CEX liquidity, trading volume, expected market impact of trades, and liquidator behavior. Gauntlet’s simulations tease out complex relationships between these inputs that cannot be simply expressed as heuristics. For more details, please see Gauntlet’s Parameter Recommendation Methodology and Gauntlet’s Model Methodology.
State of the protocol 📰
- Following a successful on-chain vote, stETH has been added as a new asset to Aave V2 and has already attracted over $130m in deposits
- The development and deployment of Aave V3 on Starknet is starting after the AIP for Phase I passed which released an initial budget and included an update to the treasury smart contract
- Llama shared the January 2022 Treasury Report for the protocol
- Aave Grants announced seven new grant recipients - congrats to Bribe Protocol, Aave Biconomy UI + Integration, DeFi Slate, Increment, Aave University Blockchain Club, Pegasus & Decentralized Grant Orchestration Tool - we are so excited to have you building in the Aave ecosystem!
- Aave University Blockchain Club, a grant recipient focused on blockchain and DeFi education in Uganda, shared an update on their first three meetups in February where they reached over 200 people and discussed topics ranging from an overview of crypto borrowing and lending, to smart contracts and flash loans
- GoodGhosting’s March Matic savings pool goes live on March 1st 👻
- Sacred Finance announced their Early Contributors program 📢
- Lens Protocol, the permissionless, composable, & decentralized social graph from Aave Co, released new bounties to encourage building of modules and other infrastructure 🌿
- Newt, Aave’s R&D arm, shared their first experiment: Aika - a marketplace for minting, selling, buying, and building with NFTs which represent time ⏰
- Add ENS to Aave V2 | Governance discussion | 🗳 Vote until March 4th
- Risk Parameter Updates 2022-02-10 | ✅
- Add SEBA Bank as a whitelister on Aave Arc | ✅
- Aave V2 - Liquidity Mining Update (90 days at 30% reduced rate) | ✅
- Aave <> Starknet - Phase I | ✅
- Add stETH to AAVE v2 | ✅
- Add jEUR on Aave v3 on Polygon | 🗳 Vote until March 1st
- Should three (3) total risk parameters across two (2) Aave V2 assets be updated? | 🗳 Vote until March 1st
- Donation to support people in Ukraine | Governance discussion | ❌ 98.18% (58K AAVE) | Thread on voting no, whether protocols should be neutral, and how better adhering to the community guidelines could have resulted in a different outcome
Other discussions from the forum:
- Listing Proposal: Add UMA as collateral on Aave
- Add FRAX as Collateral to Aave V2
- ARC: Social Impact Treasury Allocation via GoodDollar Staking
- ARC - Consolidate Aave V1, V2 & AMM Reserve Factors, Purchase CVX and Deploy to Earn Yield
- Listing Proposal: Add CVX (Convex Finance Token)
Upcoming Events 📆
Water cooler 🆒
Aave Co is hiring!