This page is updated periodically as grants are distributed and new needs are discovered. Last updated 9th August, 2022.
- 1️⃣ Top Priorities
- 💱 Stablecoin Growth
- 🏦 Governance UI
- ⛺ Credit Delegations
- 2️⃣ Grant Categories
- 👥 Committees and DAOs
- 🗳️ Governance
- 🔧 Integrations
- 💗 Growth
- 📊 Analytics
- 🆕 Other / New Ideas
- ✅ Completed RFPs
- 👑 Offchain Voting
- ☯️ Risk DAO
- 🎨 Governance UI
- 🏴☠️ Treasury Management
- 📰 Aave Weekly News
1️⃣ Top Priorities
💱 Stablecoin Growth
Build projects and integrations that bring more stablecoin deposits into Aave. New yield aggregation tools, ways to deposit into multiple markets in one transaction, and innovative liquidity mining projects on top of Aave are encouraged to apply. Also, wallet integrations, fintech /e-commerce integrations, or TradFi connectors are encouraged if they meaningfully increase stablecoin deposits.
🏦 Governance UI
We want to build an Aave-owned front-end for governance and voting. This would be a fully owned Aave solution: open-source, Aave community-owned on the Aave repo. It should be possible to draft, discuss, propose, and vote on Aave Improve Proposals (AIPs) through a seamless and intuitive website. A great web app would include features similar to Tally or Sybil, allow easy delegation of proposition and voting power, allow transactions to be queued and submitted by non-technical users, and walk proposal authors through the end-to-end process in an intuitive way.
⛺ Credit Delegations
Credit delegation allows a depositor to deposit funds in the protocol to earn interest, and delegate borrowing power (i.e. their credit) to other users. The enforcement of the loan and its terms are agreed upon between the depositor and borrowers, which can be either off-chain via legal agreements or on-chain via smart contracts. We hope to see more projects educating users about this future, integrating it into smart-contracts or apps, and increasing usage rates.
2️⃣ Grant Categories
👥 Committees and DAOs
Committees and DAOs are a vital part of Aave's ecosystem growth and allow for grassroots community involvement (we aim to be one ourselves ;) ). Supporting these initiatives attracts new users and hopefully long-term active contributors, distributing ownership across a range of users. AGD continues to look for projects that expand the ecosystem in this direction.
- DAICO features facilitating grant payments. E.g. Sablier-style streams with vesting schedules/cliffs/waterfalls that minimize gas costs
Governance is a priority of any growing DAO. As Aave matures and attracts more users, it is important to ease the burden of governance. At AGD, we aim to fund projects which make Aave’s Governance fun, simple, and easy.
- A simple website like SIPs to see all Aave AIPs in one place
- Aggregating of Snapshot and on-chain proposals in one place
- Evaluating delegates, visualizing their vote participation and history
We aim to fund innovative lending projects building on top of Aave and accessing the liquidity available in the V2 and V3 protocol today. Some ideas include:
- Innovative fixed-rate lending protocols or projects
- Undercollateralized lending projects using DeFi credit scores, credit delegation, protocol-to-protocol lending, or other techniques.
- Lending projects that use core Aave primitives like aTokens, credit delegation, or flash loans.
- Aave integrations with leading wallets or fintech application
- Lending protocols on other L1s or cross-chain bridges that integrate Aave into their core functionality
Aave is growing - and with speed. How do we better ignite this growth and sustain it through different market conditions?
- Credit delegation dashboard: marketplace for uncollateralized lending, built on top of Aave credit delegation. Delegators accept requests and monitor delegatees, while delegatees see their debts and repay over time.
- Gas optimization techniques for new/smaller depositors
- Flash Loan tool to transfer all your Aave positions to another wallet
- Solutions bringing TradFi asset management into Aave or Aave Pro
Analytics is important for maintaining ecosystem transparency, protocol health, and ongoing growth metrics. Data provides truth to an increasingly complex world. We’ve seen a lot of interest in this category already but some additional ideas we’d still find valuable are:
- User metrics dashboard that is real-time and shows things like total origination, loan revenue, outstanding debt etc. (from Stani)
- Aave transaction explorer
- Custom Dune, Flipside, and Nansen dashboards
- Data visualization on AAVE or stkAAVE movement
- Tool to see how APY earned/paid on a loan over a specified date range
🆕 Other / New Ideas
New ideas you may have! We’re always looking to fund innovative projects and teams that will grow the Aave ecosystem in both the long and short term. Some of our ideas are:
- Custom Aave pool with NFTs as collateral support with the ability to fractionalize
- Related to RWAs (real-world assets)
- Self re-paying loans with yield earned
- Tokenized high-leverage Forex: Use eMode to allow < 50x long/shorts on EUR and USD etc. Build positions using flash loans, and tokenize to make them liquid.
- Tokenized derivatives staking: As above, but using staking derivatives (similar to what Instadapp and DeFi Saver are doing). Trade it or use it as collateral while earning leveraged yield
- Permissionless asset listing: Aave V3 can support any oracle of choice, including Uniswap V3 TWAP. Aave V3 has many features that allow permissionless listing, including Siloed borrowing, isolation mode, and supply caps.
- Automated risk managers: A network of managers to continuously monitor the Aave markets status and decide to enact strategies to reduce/limit risk.
For example, a hack or oracle failure may automatically trigger an action to disable a certain asset as collateral.
- Solutions bringing real-world assets (RWAs) into an Aave V3 market
- Aave integrations for:
- Ecommerce sites like Shopify / Webflow
- VR/AR platforms
- Gaming platforms
- Aave mobile apps, especially simple monitoring of positions with notifications
- Cross-chain borrowing: this one is tricky but doable.; A contract on network X holds the collateral. A contract on network Y keeps account of the collateral on network X and allows the user to take debt on network Y through portals.
- Dashboard to plot BTC funding rates alongside V2 borrow and lending rates over time
- Rates volatility
- Correlation of USDC borrow rates and BTC funding rates
✅ Completed RFPs
👑 Offchain Voting
Integrate offchain voting (like SafeSnap) into AIPs to make smaller decisions (grant funding, maintenance changes) and/or implement “optimistic governance” where tokenholders can vote in a gasless way which triggers an onchain proposal if the vote passes. These “gasless proposals” would automatically be executed onchain if they don’t hit a ‘No’ vote threshold. The Aave Core team has researched this design and the grantee would work closely with them on the implementation.
☯️ Risk DAO
Form a “Risk DAO” to continually focus on risk management analysis, updates, and decisions for the Aave protocol. This DAO/committee would be responsible for the risk analysis of new assets / proposals, could apply certain protocol parameter changes without going through the full governance process, and would support data and risk dashboards for different markets. Ideal grantees would have a background in financial markets, risk, and/or actuarial analysis.
🎨 Governance UI
A website and newsletter for keeping up with the latest Aave governance proposals, new markets, new integrations, and growth metrics. The solution could have notifications when a new proposal goes to on-chain voting and be a source of truth for all queued and upcoming updates to the protocol. The ideal solution would balance being comprehensive but succinct to help inform the Aave community.
🏴☠️ Treasury Management
Vision, IPS, and strategies to productively deploy Aave's treasury.
📰 Aave Weekly News
Update on Aave community