A recap of the Aave ecosystem, February 7th - 13th 2022
Aave News: Aave Grants at ETH Denver, Diving into Lens, CC7, and More
For anyone that is excited for Bleeding Edge at ETH Denver this Thursday, featuring: Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
For anyone that is excited for Bleeding Edge at ETH Denver this Thursday, featuring: Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 7 of 2022 with $22.7 billion of liquidity:
- 39.7% Utilisation, generating $5.8m of estimated interest for depositors
- $58m of Flash Loan volume, generating $52k of fees for depositors
- $2m liquidated, generating $113k of fees to liquidators
- $685k for the ecosystem collectors now holding $43.4m
- $6.6m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $1.7m $StkAAVE, $293k $WMATIC & $2.6m $WAVAX distributed *at the weekly close price
In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at gov.gauntlet.network/aave. The Gauntlet team is particularly keen on iterating on this dashboard for the community and would love feedback via this Google Form.
Risk Parameter Updates:
Details can be found in this ARC
Gauntlet proposes adjusting eleven (11) total risk parameters across seven (7) Aave V2 assets including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus. This set of parameter updates seeks to maintain the overall risk tolerance of the protocol while making risk trade-offs between specific assets. As a heads up, Gauntlet will publish a blog post soon on our parameter recommendation methodology to provide more context to the community. Our parameter recommendations are driven by an optimization function that balances 3 core metrics: insolvencies, liquidations, and borrow usage. Our recommendations seek to optimize for this objective function. The community should use Gauntlet’s Risk Dashboard to better understand the updated parameter suggestions and general market risk in Aave V2.
State of the protocol 📰
- The Real World Asset Market continues to grow - now over $17 million
- Aave Grants will be at ETHDenver this week!→ Inspiration for hacking on V3→ Bleeding Edge Mini Summit on February 17th - let us know if we can expect to see you there!→ Other tips from the 👑
- If you missed it last week, The dev team behind Aave announced LensProtocol - a permissionless, composable, and decentralized social graph that makes building a Web3 social platform easy 🌿 → Apply for a grant to build on Lens→ Lens Protocol could unlock undercollateralized borrowing?→ Could this be the start of Social Summer 2022 ?👀→ Listen to a recording of the Twitter Spaces after the announcement
- Aave Grants hosted their 7th community call - thank you to all the speakers who came out and shared with the community:→ @HelloShreyas and @francisgowen with updates from Aave Grants→ @coderdannn with updates on all things Aavegotchi including the new Polygon assets→ @sarvesh_jain_ with an update from Stakeall Finance→ DappLooker with an overview of cohort analysis and what they’re building→@StaniKulechov @The3D_ @eboadom gave updates on the latest from Aave Companies including Governance V3→ @victor_suzdalev and @chaingenius gave an update on stETH coming to Aave→ @pauljlei from Gauntlet gave an update on all things risk - see Risk 🔎
- Speaking of DappLooker, check out their updated dashboard for Jan 📈
- Join the new Aavegotchi GHST savings pool from Good Ghosting 👻
- No new votes this week 👻
- Should eleven (11) total risk parameters across seven (7) Aave V2 assets be updated? | Governance discussion | Vote until Feb 15th 🗳
Other discussions from the forum:
- ARC: Risk Parameter Updates 2022-02-10
- Listing Proposal: Add UMA as collateral on Aave
- Listing Proposal: Add CVX (Convex Finance Token)
- [ARC] Deploy Aave V3 on Cronos chain
- [ARC] Aave V3 network integrations process
- ARC - Consolidate Aave V1, V2 & AMM Reserve Factors, Purchase CVX and Deploy to Earn Yield
- Deploy AAVE v3 on Polygon Network
Upcoming Events 📆
- ETHDenver - on now until February 20th in Denver!
- Bleeding Edge - An Aave Grants DAO x Alliance DAO Mini Summit on February 17th
- Avalanche Summit - March 22 - 27
Water cooler 🆒
Looking for alpha?