A recap of the Aave ecosystem, December 20th to 26th 2021
Aave News: Optimism Proposal, WorkFi, Holiday Risk Management, Social Media Platform, and More
For anyone who has their OOO set, featuring coverage on Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎, State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒 The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
For anyone who has their OOO set, featuring coverage on Aave Weekly ⚡️ , Risk 🔎, State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️, Upcoming events 📆 , and Water cooler 🆒
Aave Weekly ⚡️
The Aave Weekly Newsletter brings readers insights on protocol liquidity, income and other performance metrics.
The Aave Protocol closes week 52 of 2021 with $27.5 billion of liquidity:
- 44.2% Utilisation, generating $10.9m of estimated interest for depositors
- $53m of Flash Loan volume, generating $48k of fees for depositors
- $420k liquidated, generating $27k of fees to liquidators
- $985k for the ecosystem collectors now holding $38.9m
- $12.0m generated by the protocol this week
- With an additional $2.9m $StkAAVE, $4.8m $WMATIC & $3.2m $WAVAX distributedat the weekly close price
In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Aave Risk Dashboard by Gauntlet at gov.gauntlet.network/aave. The Gauntlet team is particularly keen on iterating on this dashboard for the community and would love feedback via this Google Form.
Risk Parameter Updates:
Details can be found in AIP 53
This week's set of parameter updates has been executed, including adjusting nine (9) total risk parameters across seven (7) Aave V2 assets including LTV, Liquidation Threshold, and Liquidation Bonus. In addition, Gauntlet froze the KNCL reserve to speed up the KNC migration, as well as eliminate the risk of keeping a less liquid deprecated asset on the platform. The passing of AIP 53 demonstrates strongly to the community that Aave continually manages risk, even during the holiday season.
State of the protocol 📰
- An ARC was posted to the governance forum asking for the community’s support to deploy Aave to Optimism 👀
- Last week Aave unveiled Newt, the R&D division of Aave and this week more details were shared about their first product, WorkFi - Tokenized Time, including the thesis, design, and opportunity ⌛️
- Swiss-based SEBA bank shared an ARC to become whitelisted on Aave Arc which would make them the first regulated bank to do so
- Flipside Crypto highlighted @karl_x_lee’s dashboard on the 10 largest liquidations on Aave 👻
- Llama gave an update on what they have done so far and where they are going including a slick rebrand 💜🦙
- Sacred reached over 10,000 deposits on testnet - learn more about Sacred including job opportunities in the The Sacred Script 🔐 - VOL 5
- 0xStation shared an article, Build it and They Will —, where they discuss the history of attracting workers, and how this changes in the alloverse - “an umbrella term for the alternative digital spaces and economies containing the metaverse and the cryptoverse” 👥
- HAL announced an integration with Snapshot - admins can now add the HAL plugin directly to their space 🤖
- Over $59 million DAI has been minted directly to Aave from Maker DAO’s D3M Direct Deposit Module 👀
- Risk Parameter Updates 2021-12-16 | Snapshot vote | Governance discussion | Read more in Risk 🔎
- No new Snapshot votes this week 🎁
Upcoming Events 📆
Which events should Aave Grants be at in 2022? Mega list of events here 🚨
Water cooler 🆒
Would you also follow Stani and Aave to a new social media platform? 🙋 Read Stani’s take on the benefits of building in Web3 and why a decentralized social graph is so exciting