A recap of the Aave ecosystem, July 26th to August 1st, 2021
Aave News: Community Call Three, Optimism, and Opportunities to Build
Welcome to Aave News 👻 A community newsletter by the community, for the community. Keep reading for coverage on: Aave Grants DAO Update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️ , New market watch 💹 , Mark your calendar 📆 , Aavengers in the wild 🎙 , and Water cooler 🆒 Third community call.
Welcome to Aave News 👻 A community newsletter by the community, for the community.
Keep reading for coverage on: Aave Grants DAO Update 🏗 , State of the protocol 📰 , Ecosystem 🧉 , Governance ⚖️ , New market watch 💹 , Mark your calendar 📆 , Aavengers in the wild 🎙 , and Water cooler 🆒
Aave Grants DAO Update 🏗
Third community call. We had our third community call (second on Twitter Spaces!) on July 29th. See below for a recap from each speaker. Thank you so much to everyone who joined and made it possible!
Welcome Remarks by Stani
- The first step in Aave becoming more community owned is through funding ecosystem grants. The next step is for for more protocol development to come from the community (cc: Developers DAO).
Updates on Aave Grants DAO by @HelloShreyas
- New grants: Sponsored Gitcoin Hackathon and ETH Global, DeFi Alliance, Boardroom.
- Retroactive recognition of thoughtful governance posts from individual governance participants with $AAVE rewards.
- Long term vision is to decentralize the grant decision and funding process.
- Apply now to join the Developers DAO - be a developer for the Aave protocol!
Aave Grants DAO high priority RFPs by @inkymaze
- View all current proposals, or make a suggestion of apps, analytics or integrations you want to see built on Aave. High priority RFPs include:
Four projects from the Aave Grants DAO: Flipside Crypto, Boardroom, Symphony Finance, and DeFi Alliance
@Avimeyers from Flipside Crypto
- rAAVE'er in Paris 👻
- @FlipsideCrypto offers free access to labeled on chain-data. They bounty out questions weekly and reward communities across DeFi with protocol tokens.
- Main focuses: Education, and user acquisition/retention by getting $AAVE into the hands of users building and growing the ecosystem.
- 🚨 Announcement: Launching their CEA program in mid-August, including a scavenger hunt to incentive their analysts; also launching easy and hard bounties for their Discord community.
- Rolling out Polygon analytics soon 👀
@kevinknielsen from Boardroom
- @boardroom_info is a governance framework agnostic interface that allows users to better engage by standardizing actions like voting and delegating.
- The Aave governance portal launched two weeks ago. Users can view proposals, learn about the governance process, vote, and ideate with the community in a Web3 native environment before an idea becomes a proposal.
- Start proposing, delegating and voting now!
@0x_kakashi from Symphony Finance
- @SymphonyFinance is creating profit maximizing limit orders. The protocol maximizes DeFi composability by allowing assets to earn yield in Aave while they are waiting for a limit order to execute.
- Jump into their Discord server for updates and if you have any questions.
@DangerWillRobin from DeFi Alliance - extended AMA
- @DefiAlliance is an accelerator and network of of people invested in growing DeFi to one billion users by 2025. They find the best DeFi projects to join their six-week accelerator program for free.
- Aave joined as an Ecosystem Partner which will see DeFi Alliance help foster development on top of the Aave ecosystem.
- Aave has grown so big that it is now its own layer that teams can build on top of.
- Apply for DeFi Alliance's 5th cohort by August 11th - it kicks off August 23rd!
Governance updates by @statelayer
- Liquidity Mining has been top of mind: proposal from ParaFi and post from TokenBrice.
- $PAX and $AMPL added as 0% LTV assets to Aave V2.
Update on liquidity mining by @anjan_vinod
- Top priority right now: what the liquidity mining program should look like going forward. Extended existing program to give the community more time to debate and figure out a new program.
- Join the conversation in the forums - this has huge implications for the future of Aave.
Liquidity mining by @tokenbrice
- Main concern with liquidity mining currently is the amount of awards and the set budget of assets that are awarded. Focus is to make Aave governance more sustainable moving forward.
Curve-Aave Alliance by @dydymoon1
- A treasury swap with Curve could have a number of benefits, including allowing the treasury to earn a boosted yield in Curve pools, and getting a voice in Curve governance. A vote on Snapshot showed positive feedback from the community.
Technical updates by @The3D_
- Proposal to introduce new LP shares from Balancer into the Aave AMM Market.
- Using Superfluid to award Aave contributors.
- New cross-chain governance bridge announced at EthCC - right now bridges are for Polygon and Arbitrum. Any other project can fork and adopt this cross-chain governance bridge.
Update from Ampleforth by @brandoniles
- AIP to add $AMPL passed successfully last week - first time a rebasing currency has been added to a borrow/lend market.
- Since launch, seen almost 100% utilization of the pool - currently there is an ARC to raise the max APY cap that should better balance incentives.
State of the protocol 📰
Polygon upgrade. Managing your Aave position on Polygon just got easier - the collateral swap feature from main net is now on Polygon 🥳
More metrics. Check out:
- Which assets are currently being borrowed from @TokenTerminal
- Protocol performance metrics from @A_BertoG
- Growth metrics including usage, volume, economics, segment behaviour, and staking info from @OmniAnalytics
- Voting and governance metrics from @Boardroom_info
Deposit 3 / 4. Good Ghosting's saving pool from EthCC is in the third week. Friendly reminder to make your deposit this week if you are in the pool!
Governance forum. Dive in and explore all the conversations going on in the governance forum. Who knows, it may even pay dividends some day 👀
New market watch 💹
Mark your calendar 📆
Stani will be speaking at:
Aavengers in the wild 🎙
Taking DeFi to institutions. @RebeccaRettig1 and @chainyoda talk institutions coming to DeFi and what they are seeing at Aave. From EthCC!
New Stani Pod. Catch Stani's latest podcast appearance! It's a good one 🍿
Water cooler 🆒
Optimism. Testing for Aave's new home on Optimism continues. When the market launches, the community is ready to go in terms of governance after @lemiscate unveiled the Aave cross-chain governance bridge at EthCC - great recap by Tally
Aave News out, bring on a great week.
Please direct all feedback and requests to @0xbilll!
Learn more and join the AGD community:
- Browse RFPs: https://aavegrants.org/Request-for-Proposals-160203ba5d1746daae31588924a6680a
- Chat with the community on Telegram: https://t.me/aavegrantsda
- Join the governance forum: https://governance.aave.com
- Learn more about AGD: https://aavegrants.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to Aave News: